This Policy governs the use of personal data which you provide to us via our website. Personal data is any or all data relating to a natural person who is identified, or can be identified, from the data.
My Accountancy Team Limited , trading names www.myaccountancyteam.co.uk and www.mycryptotax.co.uk (“we”, “our”, “us”) respects your privacy. We understand that how your personal data is used and shared online matters to you, and we take the privacy of those who visit our website (“the Site”) very seriously. We will not collect any data other than when you contact us, and we will always process that data in compliance with the law. Our site may contain links to other sites, and be aware that if you choose to click on those links, your data may be processed by other organisations hosting those sites. We cannot control or monitor this, and you should have regard to their Privacy Policies.
Who we are
• the Site is owned and operated by My Accountancy Team Limited (09206667) Limited company incorporated in England and Wales
• our VAT number is 308851689
• we are regulated and monitored by Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA-UK)
• we are a member of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), professional supervisory body for the Money Laundering Regulations purposes.
• We are a Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
We respect your privacy and your rights to control your personal data (data). We will always protect your data, be clear about the data we collect from you and the reasons why. We do not and will not sell your data to third parties.
We will only use your data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your data in the following circumstances:
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
• Where we need to perform the contract for services we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Types of information We collect, Why and How
We will only collect personal data from you that we consider to be necessary in the context and purpose in which it’s given.
Through your use of our services we may also collect personal data from you about someone else. If you provide us with personal data about someone else, you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that data to us and that, without us taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws, we may collect, use and disclose such personal data for the purposes described in this Policy. You must, therefore, take reasonable steps to ensure that the third party concerned is aware of and consents to the various matters detailed in this Policy, including: the fact that their personal data is being collected; the purposes for which that data is being collected; the intended recipients of that data; and the third party’s right to obtain access to the data (including details of how to request access). Where requested to do so, you must assist us with any requests by the third party to access or update the personal data you have collected from them and provided in connection with our Services.
You may be required to provide information when:
• Learning about My Accountancy Team
• Purchasing, or enquiring about a product
• Forming a company
• Subscribing to Our services
• Using our services
• Recommending Th My Accountancy Team to Other Businesses
You have certain rights as a data subject under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which governs the collection, processing and disposal of personal data by organisations such as ours.
In relation to personal data about you, you have the right:
• to be informed about how and why we collect and use the data
• to be given access to the data we hold
• to have any inaccurate or incomplete data rectified
• to ask us to delete personal data, earlier than we might already dispose of it
• to prevent us from processing the data further
• to object to us using the data for particular purposes
We provide contact details at the end of this Policy for you to use if you have any complaint about our processing of your personal data. If you are not satisfied with the way we deal with this issue, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which is the body in charge of supervising personal data use in the UK.
What data do we collect?
If you communicate with us by e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address and any other content that you send to us in the body of the mail. We do not collect any other personal data by any other method and in particular, we do not place cookies on our Site.
How is your data used?
We will process and store your data securely, and we will only keep it for as long as we need it for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
In relation to the data we do collect, as laid out in the section above, we may use it as follows:
• Providing, and enhancing our products and services
• Security, Safety and issue resolution
• Business Operations
• Communication, Marketing and Advertising
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
We will not share your personal data with anyone at any time
How and where do we store your data?
We will only keep your data as long as we need it for the purpose(s) for which it is collected, and/or for as long as we have your permission to hold it.
Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (EEA).
The steps we take to secure your data include:
• We will use accountancy manager GDPR compliant client portal software to manage, share and store all personal data.
Accessing your data
You are entitled to make a Subject Access Request under the GDPR. This means that you may request a copy of any personal data we hold about you, free of charge. We will provide any or all information in response to your request if you contact us on email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the Site or this Policy, or you wish to make a Subject Access Request, then please contact us as follows, making your request or query clear:
Data protection Officer DPO: Shukry Haleemdeen
postal address: 22 Woodford Avenue, Ilford, IG6 1NF
Amending the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, in response to changes in the law or for operational reasons. Any changes will immediately be posted on the Site and you will be deemed to have accepted the amended Policy if you continue to use the Site afterwards. You should therefore regularly review this Policy.